Re: [Harp-L] Fwd: How many of you really fix your harps? Really?

I have yet to learn how. I should, I suppose. Right now, I just keep a stock of backup reedplates. That's cheaper than backup harps. Richard Farrell made this method the path of least resistance for me, but that has obviously changed.

I will have to cross the knowledge bridge eventually, but I'm in the middle of so many now. Performing poet, vocalist, harp player by night, and association manager by day - I guess I'm concentrating on the art portion of it all at the moment. There are only so many quality hours in a day. However, I do see the value in doing one's own work.

I apprenticed as a Carpenter years ago and I was told by my boss that if working on my car kept me from getting to work and being a better craftsman, then I needed to take the time to be a better mechanic, find a mechanic, or find an alternative to get to work, so I don't lose sight of the prize. I'm not ready to be a better mechanic just yet.

However, these obvious economies of scale will eventually force me to learn to fix my own harps.

Mark Russillo
(a.k.a. The Rhode Island Kid)