[Harp-L] Re: just a thought

--- Don Grubbs <jgrud@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Would you guys mind sharing some info about the
harps you carry to a gig? The different keys and how many back-ups you might feel you need.
It seems your experiences might be worth nowing....

Thanks..... Don

I take along Low F, F, C, a duplicate C fully valved, G, a duplicate G fully valved, D, Low D,
an A and a backup A, Low E, E, B, Ab, Bb, Eb, and F#.

Add to that Lee Oskar Natural Minor harps in Dm, Am, Cm, Em, and Gm, and CX-12 chromatics
in C and tenor C. I really like the minor keyed stuff.

Occasionally I'll even take the 48 Chord along to play rhythm, usually through a Korg Rotary Synth
for that Hammond B3 sound and even less frequently I'll drag the Bass Harp along for acoustic gigs
and play bass parts.

Bill Otten