Re: [Harp-L] Just a thought.....

Don Grubbs wrote:
> Would you  guys mind sharing some info about the
> harps you carry to a gig? The different keys and
> how many back-ups you might feel you need.
> It seems your experiences might be worth
> nowing....

I have two different sets.  For sitting in or simple rock and blues gigs, I carry a 14-harp set with G, A, Bb, C, 2 Ds, Low D, Low F, F, F Dorian, Eb, G NM, and A NM, plus one CX12 chromatic in C, and one or two other diatonics.

For recording sessions, I carry my full kit with 2 CX12 chromatics in C, CX12 chromatic in E, full sets of diatonics (almost all Lee Oskars) in standard, Dorian Minor, and natural minor, plus a half set of melody Makers, various Country tuned harps, various one-off diatonic tunings (like Low D, E, and Eb), and a couple of Model 365s tuned in SBS mode (i.e., second octave is tuned exactly liek the bottom octave).

The full kit weights a lot, but every time I go to a session it seems like I need one of the harps that I otherwise wouldn't have.  So I keep dragging it around.

For sitting in I also carry my Digitech RP200 and a Labtec AM-22 mic.  The entire sitting-in kit wieghs less than 10 pounds and fits easily in a small bag.

For more extensive gigs, or when a  recording session requires it, I also carry a Shure SM57 and an Audix Fireball.