[Harp-L] RE; Leo Diamond

Howdy smo-joe,

As Winslow mentioned, Neil's parentage is mentioned on several web sites -- in fact it looks like ND has more sites (official and unofficial) than anybody this side of Pamela Anderson. <g> All of them concur that his father was not Leo. Here are a few links:

http://iaisnd.com/biography.cfm?id=40&?pageid=3

http://www.classicbands.com/diamond.html

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/Neil_Diamond.html

Perhaps leo had a son named Neil who was not THE Neil? I dunno...

anyhow all best wishes and happy harpin'

-Tom

smo-joe asked:
  Where did you get this info Tom? Did it come from a book? Can it be
verified?
  It definitely is NOT nit-picking.  Leo did have a son (and a daughter
too I believe). I was only 4 years old and it was my older sister who
knew the Diamond kids. Possibly their son is a different Neil? Also I
believe that Chris Bauer had stated at one time the Neil's father was
Leo.  It sure would be nice to straighten it out, as it's VERY important to
me.
smo-joe