Re: [Harp-L] Just a thought.....

Hey Don

--- Don Grubbs <jgrud@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Would you  guys mind sharing some info about the
> harps you carry to a gig? The different keys and
> how many back-ups you might feel you need.
> It seems your experiences might be worth
> nowing....
>
> Thanks..... Don

I'll generally bring a full set of well-maintained
harps to a gig with several backup harps in my most
frequently used harp keys (A, D, C, G). I'll also
bring a 16-hole chomatic as well as a 12-hole
chromatic in C (as backup) and ones in G and D that
I use on a few tunes.

In addition, I pack a couple of my very favorite
custom harps and some oddball harps such as an SBS
Marine Band, in case I get into some solo-jamming
where I'm not competing with the band (which might
happen if the guitarist breaks a string and we need
some off-the-cuff music to fill).

I also bring backup mics, a few extra tubes, and my
Harp Commander in case my amp craps out, or the if
room needs more sound.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs