[Harp-L] martial arts and head cutting

Seems to me that martial arts training is aimed at learning not to think. It's like the Yogi Berra quote: "How can you think and hit at the same time?" Both have a Zen flavor.

Head cutting is a personal thing. Generally a good player doesn't really have to do much but play to show superiority. If two players who are about equal want to compete it's a matter of individual psychological makeup. I don't really care if I can bury people. I'm more interested in what I sound like to me. Others have a strong competitive drive and do care about it. Neither mental set is wrong as long as the competition doesn't stem from or lead to personal animosity.

Disclaimer--On harp I can't bury too many people except guys named Gus. I think it's different in singing but it's a matter of taste.

--
Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell