Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Sunny girl

Bill writes:

"Good lord. I for one, and I'm sure most if not all here, read this as  such,
an entertaining story with a 'little' embellishment and knew better  than to
believe that an adult, much less a professional musician, much less  Annie
Raines, would try to "bury" a little kid in public like that. And after  all
the positive contributions that Iceman has shared here, I would have  given
him the benefit of the doubt or posted to him privately to give him a  chance
to correct it himself before doing this. It was just an expression,  and now
the Iceman's in trouble with Annie. I don't think that was necessary!

"I'm gonna go tell Annie", "I'm gonna go tell Annie".....there's a kid  like
that in every class, haha.
Geez."

....now that does seem logical, Bill - at least for those of you who know
Annie.  I don't.  My initial reaction to that phrase "bury Sunny  Girl", I'm
ashamed to say, was:  "Wow - is that the kind of person  the famous Annie Raines
is?"   Then my common sense kicked in and I  reasoned that it just couldn't be
true, so chose to reserve judgment  until I spoke with people who knew her
better (always the better course of  action).  However, that's me.  I wonder how
many people who don't know  anyone who knows her just might believe that
she'd be the kind  of  egotistical bent of player who would exhibit such behavior,
 since we all know they do exist?  Frankly it was gratifying to read her
description of the event (and read the honesty that was so clearly  evident) in
her own words, though she really shouldn't have had to be placed in  a position
of having to defend her reputation.

Elizabeth