Fwd: [Harp-L] CX-12

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mark Wilson"
<markwilson53@xxxx> wrote:

Quick question, are all the CX-12 Chromatics (excluding C), tuned  one
octave down from from my Special 20 diatonics?

=======Winslow:

Yes, and not just CX-12's. For all 12-hole chromatics that I know of,
regular C is the highest key. Tenor C, one octave lower, is the lowest,
with all other keys somewhere in between.

Makes sense when you consider that almost all woodwinds are lower-
pitched than a C-harp. Exceptions? The piccolo, the rather rare
sopranino sax, Eb clarinet, the D so-called "Bach" trumpet, maybe a few
others.

Winslow