Re: [Harp-L] Re: Volume Pedal?

"Jonathan Metts" wrote:
<...has anyone had success using a wah pedal with harmonica?

I've never been able to get a wah wah pedal to work well with the harp,
and I've tried several brands.  However, I've managed to get a very nice
sound from the autowah effect in the Digitech RP200.  The patch setup is
published at my website at:
http://hunterharp.com/effectset.html

An autowah effect has an advantage over a wah-wah that's often ignored
by harp players, but deserves highlighting.

Because an autowah effect is triggered by an incoming sound, and it
responds more powerfully to a louder sound, a player can control the
amount of effect by playing louder or softer.  For harmonica, that means
the effect is under breath control. This is much more natural and
expressive for a harmonica player than the foot control offered by a
wah-wah.

The expressive possibilities are amazing -- just try running a long
single note through an autowah, using variations in volume to bring the
effect in and out of the note.  When you kick in a throat vibrato, the
autowah accents every ripple in the vibrato.  The sound literally pulses
along with your breath.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com