Re: [Harp-L] XB40 blues/rock - some stuff

hi,

got my first xb40 two days ago - Low D with intent to polish 3rd position E and jam the  E, A and B scales over the 1 4 5 changes.

aren't those bottom bends fun - holy dooley - - i may have to resign myself to never getting them - is mr gruenling "the man"on low hole bends? - i can get very limited success by not tbing and pursing and dropping my jawbone thru the floor...

what are the main positions folks are playing blues on it  for - 1st, 2nd 3rd - or much more?  any rock as well - tho i have heard it's generally frowned upon :)

there is mention in archives of a sound file winslow put up yrs ago - 2nd pos blues? - that page has long since died - has the file been moved to another page?

any sound files would be great to hear - or mention of what positions most prefer.

I hated the harmonica first day i got it.. then next day was better and today is much more fun - seems louder than an lo(?) - low end chugs sounded very rich and full... single note lines i can hear those little pops of valves (?) - that would probably daunt a pro but yu wont hear me on alligator recordings ever. and im such a horrendously wet player most of my few performances border on submarine.

thats always 'been a real issue with me and my  chroms.

 but i like how big it feels in yr hands and that chrom size mouthplate.

I guess all the advice in doug tate's book - how to make yr harmonica play better"- still apply to this?

it seems a lot of fun.... if i can get my scales across changes down super fluidly (for 3rd at moment) i may probably replace my old diatonics with more of these.  I guess nobody tweaks or customises them (?)

crowley.