Re: [Harp-L] weirdest gig

In 1972 I traveled the world, finding myself in Bodrum, Turkey. There was a turkish band playing at a camping area. When they saw my long hair and heard my harmonica, they invited me up to play with them. Up to that point, they were playing strictly Turkish style music. When I joined them, they wanted to play "Johnny Be Good". I took a solo on harmonica and then played that pump type mini-organ/keyboard. It sounded way weird, but the band and crowd loved it.

The Iceman