[Harp-L] 5F6-A circuit problem

     I'm hoping one of you 5F6-A experts can help me find out how I'm getting
voltage on the input jack tip connection.It's causing a pop noise when the
tip breaks ground when you insert a jack.All 4 inputs are well grounded,all to
each other and then a wire directly to the chassis.There is 3.5 volts on the #1
bright and 1 volt on the #1 normal inputs,somewhat less on the #2 inputs.It
only shows on the meter when the ground from the tip shunt is opened.All wiring
is correct to the inputs,tubes and the pots.Could this possibly be a bad tube
socket?
       The voltage increases to about 7 volts with the V1 tube pulled.The amp
does work and sounds good but I know theres not supposed to be voltage on the
input jacks.The 68K resistors are all good.Anybody got any ideas where this
voltage could be coming from? Every obvious cause has been looked at many times
over.You can reply directly to me if you'd like.Many thanks...........Dave
grbullets2@xxxxxxx