Re: [Harp-L] Synesthesia - What I see.

I don't tell alot of people about this because most folk think I'm
weird enough.  It took me a long time to realize that I simply see
the world differently than most.  I very much see the world in terms
of color and energy.  Some people have glowing blues eyes other
people have green beams of light and motion the project from their
neck or eyes or stomach. I know that I tend to get along with people
better that glow blue or white or green.

When I was a kid I used to have to speak therapists about seeing
spirits and other energy beings. I can see what you all call angels
and demons. Everything I see is in motion and it's mostly a blue
swirl. I don't see this when I am in build but the sky is definately
a swirling mass of energy that pulses and heaves.

I see and hear music and rhythm in everything. Most people have
melodoes and rhythms that project from them. During my day job I can
hear different rhythms from those that surround me.  Melinda, talk
and types in 5, Laura types in 7 but speaks in 3 or six. Most type in
3 or 4.  The "special" ones that I get along with are almost always
in rhythms of 7 or 14. I hear all kinds of poly-rhythms that changes
the motion of the air around me as I walk around.

My band has a few songs based off of what I hear and see - Monk
Alters Chi is in 7 but there are many cycle of three over seven and
five over seven.  Listen to the hits in the drum patterns. When
playing live we do alot of 4 over 6 polys as this seems to be the
natural rhythm of most of the rooms.  I hear people walking in 3 or 6
but talking in four.  It's not weird to me. The earth has a low
rhythmic buzz that I hear in shifting patterns of 4 and 6.

What do I see when I play music.  The world to me looks like a
kalidascope and I can change the movement and colors with my own
notes and energy. I can make it spin or float or move vertically or
horizontally.

How do I see this? I don't know, I've learned over the years not
always look at it.  I know I have the tendency to looks at the
outside edge of people and things but when I look at them directly I
can make it go away and see what others see, I think...  I know I'm
not color blind.

So there you go, I'm a freak.