[Harp-L] PT Gazell'snew CD

Hi, all-

I remember a very complimentary thread a while back about PT Gazell. The posts in that thread said many good things, but the two primary themes sounded in them were these:

"Pace Yourself," PT's first CD, is a great record that every harmonica player should have (I agree!); and

PT, man, when are you going to put out another?

As PT recently posted, his new CD is about to come out. He sent me a pre-release copy, and I want to tell you that it's great. This one is more in a Swing vein than "Pace Yourself." PT has utterly mastered the technique of playing chromatically on a valved diatonic, and his playing on the new CD is clean, accurate, and sweet throughout. I've watched PT play a number of times, and I have always been struck by the reaction he gets. There is a lightness and an ease and a beauty to his playing that simply makes his listeners happy; I can't think of a better way to put it. This is music that will make you smile.

It is definitely a harmonica record: harmonica is featured as the lead instrument on all the cuts. On top of this, PT has assembled an amazing group of musicians who both support him well and step out on their own for solos. These guys sound like top pros. PT either came into a pile of money to pay them or has a lot of friends there in Nashville who can play their a**es off. I can't recommend the CD highly enough.

George