[Harp-L] diatonic vs chromatic

Hi Everyone,
I believe that this thread is very silly! Why do the chromatic people feel
threatened by the popularity of the diatonic harmonica?
I did not know that this "hundred year war" existed until I attended my
first harmonica convention. In my opinion there would not be any
conventions or harmonica festivals if not for the diatonic harmonica.
I don't think there would be enough people to attend and make it possible
to have these events.
I have also noticed that the diatonic players, of which I am one, have
nothing against the chromatic harmonica, or the people that play them.
Although the music seems to be different, the diatonic players seem  to
enjoy the chromatic players music immensely.
It seems to me that some of the chromatic people really dislike the music
played by the diatonic players. Why? I don't know.
And, by the way, we are not limited to playing blues.
All the best,
Bob Meehan
bobmeehan.net