From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Chris Michalek
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 1:57 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] weirdest gig

What's your weirdest gig?

Last night my regular bassist couldn't make the gig. His sub
cancelled at the last moment.

I hate cancelling shows so I employed the services of my dummer's
roomate's visting friend who is a professional fire jugglar.

So it was just drums and harmonica and the fireboy.  I recommend
having at fireboy for your own band.  The amount of tips nearly
exceed what we were being paid to be there.  We had a huge audience
that stayed all night.

For my sound I turned on both octave pedals and played repeating
jungle grooves and funk bass lines. All in all it as an excellent and
mind opening experience.

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available