Re: [Harp-L] Small amp

"Mike Rogers" wrote:
"So I need to find a small amp, to bring on the plane, that has a decent
sound, when mic-ed through the P.A.  Any suggestions?    Don't want to
make a big investment here."

Used gear, like a Kalamzoo Model 1 and 2, isn't really an option here,
because you might not be able to find one, and it might need a lot of
work if you do.

Crate V58 with 12AT7 preamp tube sub will run you about $250 new, and
it'll do the job, especially if you have a decent delay pedal to go with
it.  Boss Microcube is about $125, and the mic preamp sound works okay
for harp -- it wouldn't be my first choice for a critical application
like a competition, though.

I forget what a Holmes Harp Commander goes for now, but that might be
the ticket.  Just take it onstage, plug it into the PA, and go.
Probably the easiest option in terms of travel, too.

However, I would really be tempted, if I was in your position, to take
this opportunity to buy a Digitech RP200, and set that up for the gig.
$150 new, and considering the venue, you should be able to do the job
with 3-4 blues harp patches, which will take you 15 minutes or so to
dial in.

Mike, contact me offlist for further discussion if you decide to pursue
the RP200.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com