Re: [Harp-L] thinking vs feeling

I don't personally like this idea of thinking versus feeling.
 I think the better comparison is HEARING vs. NOT HEARING.
 We've probably all heard a jazz sax playing whose fingers are on auto-pilot
and their ears are on a lunch break.
 We've probably also heard the opposite - a passionate emotive statement
that doesn't have the knowledge, ideas, or ears to make it really work. May
be great to hear once or twice, but would be grating to listen to much more.

 Both of these examples are unbalanced.
 I believe a truly great musician puts all her/his feeling, thinking, and
physicality into playing that they possibly can.
 In the end, what makes the difference is whether or not what is being
played is an honest reflection of what is truly heard. If not, then the
playing is BS.