[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 26, Issue 1

      Come on guys, what kind of crap are you putting
out ? Do
you want  to advance harmonica playing or bring it
back to
when the musician's union considered it a toy ? The
fact is
everything matters if you really want to have your
harp playing  be an art and not just a bunch of random
noises . I'm
glad Stevie Wonder was mentioned because his playing
is
exquisite . I learned almost everything I klnow about
chromatic playing by taking apart  his style .
       Chris M. I've never heard you play but I
suspect you're
excellent .However, saying notes don't matter is
absurd . If
someone's playing an Ab blues and you're playing 2nd
pos.
on a D harp (key of A) it will sound like crap . Maybe
you
think everything is avant-garde and cool but the rest
of us
hopefully are into musical communication in other than
a strictly shock mode .
     Iceman,I'm eternally jealous .I never saw one of
my biggest musical heroes, Albert Collins, and you did
. As far as Miles being sloppy :I bow down to the
church of sloppy . In
point of fact, Miles was a highly trained musician , a
Juilliard
grad, also,of course cut his teeth w/Charlie Parker .
My guess
is you'll wait a very long time before encountering a
more
influential jazz musician than Miles (who i did enjoy
seeing in
his later years and he was still cool .) Yes, I know
Dizzy  could blow circles around him but dude Kinda
Blue (the ult-
mate and biggest-selling jazz album)  CAN'T be taken
away
from Mr. Davis .
    Onward and upward,
                                           Chris