[Harp-L] Re:Cleaning diatonic harp plates

I  use vodka (Smirnoff's) to clean the  outside of the harp covers and the face of the comb, wood or plastic.  For plastic harps, I soak them still assembled for an hour in fairly  hot water with some peroxide, and rinse them under the tap. Never fails.

  Other than wiping lip scuzz off the covers with vodka i don't have a  whole lot of need for cleaning a harp. But then I'm a goat farmer and I  often have goat slobber or manure on my clothes, especially from this  one goat, Audrey. She climbs right up on my lap in my wheelchair like  she belongs there. Hey, you get used to it.

  I always wash hands and brush teeth before a full harp playing session.  Oral hygiene is important when a big part of your life is around  putting an instrument in your mouth, right? I'm more for prevention  than disassembly and cleaning. If I'm thirsty when playing  i  drink lemon water. Harps like a hint of lemon on your breath, too.