Re: [Harp-L] Canned Heat

As long as we're on Alan Wilson... I bought the Son House record, The
Original Delta Blues, and was happily surprised to find Blind Owl
accompanying Son House on a few of the tracks.  Like on the Hooker and
Heat sessions, and most everything I've heard that Alan Wilson has
played, it's all just so, well, right on.  (That's only a bonus to all
the soul shaking Son House does throughout the record.)

Jim.
www.mcmule.com

>>> <james.french@xxxxxxxxx> 11/28/2005 8:37:28 PM >>>
I regret I can"t say what Blind Owl was blowing tru as I saw Heat
Shortly
after he died. I just want to say that I think he is one of the
under-rated
masters of yore. Chester Burnett and Alan Wilson played sparingly but,
with
incrediable emotion. This approach is put forth by Carlos Consteneda in
his
books about a Mexican shaman named Don Juan. I am an old hip who read
this
stuff back in the day and may not have the spelling right but, the
point
remains the same. Look at the spaces between the leaves not the tree
and you
will understand. That is to say, slow down, go the less visited route
and LET
YOURSELF GO! I am not a pro yet I am a player of many years and find
myself
drawn to the styles that heartfelt (emotional) soloing is key. I am
just
blowing off steam as it seems gadgets are a hot topic on this forum.
               Jim French