[Harp-L] Re: recording gigs rig

Those AKG C1000's are a bit large. Anyone have any experience with a mic that is a bit smaller?

Thanks,
Ray.
www.resgraphics.com/music

On Nov 28, 2005, at 6:24 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 14 Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:54:59 EST From: Roscoharp@xxxxxxx Subject: [Harp-L] recording gigs rig To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Message-ID: <c.526a13b8.30bd0ef3@xxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"

Hey list,

A while back I wrote that I would post a review of of the  Gigatracker
recorder I bought from from The Sound Professionals .
_http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-GIGATRACKER_
(http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-GIGATRACKER)

I've used this unit to record 6 or 7 rehearsals & three gigs. I am VERY
happy with it. The tiny stereo pre-amp is amazing. The optional stereo mic I
bought with the unit was unsatifactory, so I got a couple AKG c1000s mics that
really improved the sound. I am still learning how to best place the mics, but
for ease of operation & recording fidelity, this little thing is fantastic!
If I could just eliminate the loud drunks in the audience, I'd have CD
quality recordings. Of course, if I eliminated loud drunks from our audience, we'd
lose half our fan base.
Recording all our gigs has been eye ( or, I guess, ear) opening. It is
making me a better player. Stuff I thought was challenging & cool doesn't come
across as well live, stuff I think of as easy & boring often sounds great.
Live & learn.
We have live recordings of some of our tunes up on our website. The latest
stuff was recorded with the Gigatracker. Check it out.

Later,
Rosco
_may.be  au.gust_ (http://www.maybeaugust.com/)