[Harp-L] Canned Heat

I regret I can"t say what Blind Owl was blowing tru as I saw Heat Shortly
after he died. I just want to say that I think he is one of the under-rated
masters of yore. Chester Burnett and Alan Wilson played sparingly but, with
incrediable emotion. This approach is put forth by Carlos Consteneda in his
books about a Mexican shaman named Don Juan. I am an old hip who read this
stuff back in the day and may not have the spelling right but, the point
remains the same. Look at the spaces between the leaves not the tree and you
will understand. That is to say, slow down, go the less visited route and LET
YOURSELF GO! I am not a pro yet I am a player of many years and find myself
drawn to the styles that heartfelt (emotional) soloing is key. I am just
blowing off steam as it seems gadgets are a hot topic on this forum.
               Jim French