[Harp-L] Re: Jazz on Diatonic

Rhythm might matter most, but that doesn't give license to avoid certain notes in a standard's
melody because its easier to fudge by playing a different note.   The ONLY excuse I'll accept for
fudging a note is that the note is impossible to play because its out of the range of the
harmonica.   In that case, octave switching is permissible because there's no other way.

Similarly there may be melodies that require double-stops that simply don't exist on the harp.
Then you've got no choice but to simply play one note instead of two.   A good example would be
"Hip-Hug-Her" by Booker T. and The MG's.   I'm working on that right now.  A large part of Steve
Cropper's sound comes from double stops and there's just no way to play them all on a harmonica.
So I play the ones I can and fudge the ones I can't.    I'll upload my version of "Hip-Hug-Her"
this weekend.