[Harp-L] Re: Jazz on Diatonic

I hear many extraordinary diatonic players do a wonderful attempt at some tunes but MISS critical
notes. They either can't 'force' the note, bend the note, over-stress the note, etc. because the
speed at which they are going from draw to blow (or vice versa) doesn't allow enough time to get
the note up to 'tickling' pressure to acheive the whip in the 2nd or 3rd step bend 'ON the fly and
ALREADY installed'.

Sooo, what do they do? They slather on a liberal dose of something I like to call 'Snow-Joberall'.
A slippy substance similar to armorall. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I absolutely agree.  That's why in my own journey,  I focus on
note-for-note recreations of jazz classics.   Visit my website
and you'll find note-for-note Wardell Gray, note-for-note Jimi Hendrix, note-for-note Charlie
Christian.   They may not be up-to-speed.   They may not have the same slides, glisses or
ornamentations.   They may fail miserably.  But dang it,  I'm not fudging anything and I'm not
playing anything just because its harmonica-convenient.   In fact my whole purpose is to AVOID
"harmonica-convenient" licks like the plague.

I would like to hear other harmonica players pick a jazz solo by any one of their favorite masters
and recreate it faithfully.  It doesn't have to be speedy.  Just hit ALL the notes.