[Harp-L] Re: Jazz

When we speak of jazz on harmonica, the standard starts with the name Toots; now we can talk, Hendrik, William, Howard, Mike Turk, Randy, Clint Hoover, Rob P., and others.

All of the last group with the exception of Howard and Hendrik came to me as diatonic players and went out as smoking chromatic players. But it's not me, they did it.

That's what the Grand Canyon Harmonica Seminar is about with Rob P. and me. It's not me folks; I can only show the basics of music, technique, scales, tone - but as I often say, you physically have to do it.

I can not teach someone how to play the chromatic, but what I can do is teach someone how to teach themselves.

20 players, came to my house in upstate New York and came away with the knowledge of how to become a great player in jazz or any other field of music. But will they do the work? That's another question.

The big thing is so many have come and have become great players. I can give you the tools to study jazz, classical, etc.

If you feel the chromatic can't be as fluent as the diatonic, then you have never heard Hendrik blow sheets of sound. The bigger question is - "How does someone so tall do that?"

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio