RE: [Harp-L] Jazz

Put me in George (no nickname) Brooks. I play at jazz. I do play always in an improvisational, in the moment manner. And always from an (self) educated, somewhat enlightened viewpoint.

I love jazz. I want little to do with music that is not in a jazz (improvisational) spirit.

Michael Peloquin http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg http://www.harpsax.com

From: George Brooks <gbrooks1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Jazz
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:29:30 -0500

Both Chris and Rob have graciously included me on their lists of jazz players. Gosh, thanks guys, but I don't belong there. I certainly work hard at playing chromatically (and your posts are some evidence that I may be getting somewhere), but I'm exploring the Latin, pop, and swing side of things. Put me up on a stage with real jazz guys and, unless I get to call the tune or the band is feeling extra merciful, I simply can't hang.

It seems probable to me that there are less than five people worldwide that could hang with Howard Levy and William Galison playing strong, no-excuses jazz on diatonic. Certainly less than ten. I'm not one of them.

George