[Harp-L] Special 20 Quality Control Problems

Has anyone bought new SP20's over the last month that are unusually bad?

  I bought 6 harps, two A's and 4 B flats, from two reputable online  dealers. One of the A's blew out the 3 draw on the second day. One B  flat had a ringing/rattling 2 draw out of the box, and two other B  flats had enough air leakage that I wouldn't bother playing them. Half  of them sound bright, the bad half sound dull and muted.

  All of them had sharp corners sticking up and down on the front left  corner of the comb because the plastic on the face of the comb wasn't  molded to meet the side of  the comb properly.

  People rag on SP 20's but i'm a defender. I honestly haven't ever had  problems with them. I break in, warm up, play gently and they last me  for years. Four out of six rejects is a little expensive.