Subject: Re: [Harp-L] amp cosmetic repair/clean

Ray Beltran writes:

"Where's Billy Mays when you need him? Right there in a tub of  Oxy-Clean.

Pulled the grime-filled knobs off the panel of my Silvertone  1433 and
dropped 'em in a bath of hot water and a bit 'o Oxy-Clean. In  the
time it took to retrieve an old toothbrush and roll up my sleeves  to
scrub them puppies, lo and behold... they were as clean and white  as
me pappy's dentures. I pulled 'em out the bath, rinsed 'em off,  and
put them back into service.

I've entertained ideas of  mixing a solution, placing it in a
spraybottle, and shooting the grill  from a safe distance. (Pulling
the speaker out first, of course). Cuz  I can't figure out how to
remove that peculiar wrap-around grill on  the Silvertone.

But Billy Mays is an honest man.

Maybe J. Ricci  oughta try his harps in this stuff,  eh?

Ray.
www.resgraphics.com/music"

.....Great idea, Ray!  I couldn't for the life of me remember the name  of
this stuff.  I did get some of it a while back but hadn't thought  of it for
harps OR grill cloth.  Sounds like a great  'solution'   ;-)
Elizabeth