[Harp-L] Country tuning

Hi,
    I've been playing blues on the diatonic for a while and  have recently
become interested in country music, primarily what is known as  "The Bakersfield
Sound", Buck Owens, Merle etc.
After playing along with regularly tuned harps I took a C and tuned it to
country or major 7th tuning, raising the 5 draw a semitone from F to F#. While I
 was able to accompany recordings with the regular diatonics fairly well as
quite  a few of the bends & licks used in blues were applicable, I can't really
 find much use for the major 7th. So I suppose my question is; is anyone
familiar with this tuning playing country & are there any specific  country songs
to which the major 7th tuning is almost indispensable?
    While I'm on the subject, are there any worthwhile  instructionals
(books, video etc)
on playing country harp available? I'm aware that Charlie McCoy has one  &
also Mike Stevens. Has anyone tried these? Any & all suggestions  welcome,
Regards,
Will