Re: [Harp-L] amp cosmetic repair/clean

Where's Billy Mays when you need him? Right there in a tub of Oxy-Clean.

Pulled the grime-filled knobs off the panel of my Silvertone 1433 and dropped 'em in a bath of hot water and a bit 'o Oxy-Clean. In the time it took to retrieve an old toothbrush and roll up my sleeves to scrub them puppies, lo and behold... they were as clean and white as me pappy's dentures. I pulled 'em out the bath, rinsed 'em off, and put them back into service.

I've entertained ideas of mixing a solution, placing it in a spraybottle, and shooting the grill from a safe distance. (Pulling the speaker out first, of course). Cuz I can't figure out how to remove that peculiar wrap-around grill on the Silvertone.

But Billy Mays is an honest man.

Maybe J. Ricci oughta try his harps in this stuff, eh?

Ray.
www.resgraphics.com/music