Re: [Harp-L] Got First Overdraw, Now What?

In a message dated 11/18/05 9:55:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> how would you all recommend that I
> proceed to mix it with my overblows and normal techniques to expand my
> playing?  Could you recommend any cool scales that incorporate these
> techniques

Try working on the pitch of the OB/OD, pulling them in tune (they tend to
"pop out" slightly flat) and try to improve on the tone of the OB/OD until they
are a closer match to the unbent inhale/exhale notes (they will never exactly
match, but can be improved upon).

Also, play a simple blues scale in second position, from 2 hole inhale up to
6 hole exhale. Then, move up 1/2 step and play the blues scale again. Repeat
until you've gone through all 12 positions. Some positions will be much harder
with more OB/OD than others, but try to strive for uniformity and ease in
finding the notes. It is a fun challenge.

The Iceman