[Harp-L] Douglas Tate update

Douglas's wife Barbara has confirmed that there will be a small private funeral for
Douglas next week and a celebratory memorial concert probably early next year.

Douglas wanted to drop out of view when the cancer was diagnosed, but friends always
wanted to know how he was getting on. The compromise turned out to be a happy one.
Barbara maintained a sort of diary web page dictated by Douglas when he could. This
was hidden from view except for family and the friends who had asked to be kept
informed of his progress. After some thought, Douglas's secret health update web page
has been linked to the home page so you can see that he got the most out of his last
few months, and that his sense of humour remained undimmed to the end. The idea might
also be of use to people going through similar situations.

http://www.douglastate.com

We are conscious of how much space has been taken up on the list and if people want
to reply off list to us they can. We never expected an overwhelming reaction like
this. Barbara, Douglas's sister and his children wish to thank everyone for their
support and best wishes. The world keeps on turning.

Roger