[Harp-L] re BBC article

Hmmmm  Lembit was at a recent gig, his harmonica was a marine band, secured
with sellotape, covers so squashed there was no gap, and with about 50% of
the reeds blocked. If you are reading this Lembit, I will give you a lesson
, but you will need a new harp first. Still, at least it shows at least one
politician has better qualities
Rob V
Mike Easton wrote
I found this article in the BBC News archives while searching for
possible info on Doug Tate.

Take notice to the first and last line.  The writer seems a wee bit
hostile toward harp players if not members of the Lib Dem. party in
the UK.

  <snip>...........

Blowin' in the wind

The Lib Dems' youth spokesman, Lembit Opik, has an unusual personal
obsession which, I fear, must be revealed to the wider public.

Gimme that harp boy
When he took the platform at a fringe meeting at the party conference
the other day he duly took out of his pockets the heavier items -
mobile phone, glasses case and so on - and neatly lined them up on
the table in front of him.

And there, nestling in the middle was - a harmonica.

Apparently Mr Opik has been a keen "harp blower" for eight years or
so and his great hero is Larry Adler.

Wherever Lembit goes, his harmonica goes with him and he spends much
of his spare time practising his technique.

And yes, he does know the definition of a gentleman - someone who
knows how the play the harmonica, but doesn't.