[Harp-L] Re: Ernie Morris

For information purposes I'd like to mention that the 1943 AFRS Jubilee radio broadcast of Ernie Morris playing "In The Mood" (mentioned by jazmaan) has been released on a CD called "Let's Have A Ball Tonight! -The Pioneers of Rhythm & Blues," on Natasia Records (NI-4025.)

Unfortunately it's out-of-print now, but copies turn up for sale on both eBay and GEMM (which is where I found it.) It's a very nice version and certainly makes one wonder if Walter Horton wasn't strongly influenced by Morris?

Tom Ball