[Harp-L] Doug Tate

It was a shock to see all the messages on Doug's passing in today's
Harp-L. The reality is hard to take, despite knowing for a while that
things were serious.

As with everyone else who wrote about Doug, I felt his presence way out
of proportion to the few times I met him. Michael Polesky summed it up
for me when he said Douglas made him "feel special". He had an amazing
ability to connect with anyone he talked to, cutting past the small talk
to get down to issues of deep mutual interest, but always with sharp
insight and a wonderful sense of humour.

He gave a lot to others: on a personal level, but also through his
playing, his passion for harmonica design, his many spirited, funny and
illuminating posts on the lists, his influential management of the SPAH
events, and in many other ways. He was special and unique, and his
passing is a great loss.

Brendan
WEBSITE: http://www.brendan-power.com