[Harp-L] Doug Tate

What a shock when I read about Doug leaving us.We all knew he was ill and that time was near but did not want to think about the inevitable .We got to really know Doug when he came to Texas setting up the SPAH convention here. I really think that Doug was seriously thinking about moving to Texas . He loved the food here but not the long hot summers. He helped us tremendously setting up the convention, it was too bad that he could not attend the actual convention due to complications with his visa.
He will be missed by many many friends in the harmonica world and will always be remembered.
Jerl Welch
Harmonica Organization of Texas