[Harp-L] Re: Doug Tate

I never met Doug in person, but I did banter with him on-list and, especially, off-list. He was a northerner like me (of England that is!), and on one occasion he and I were posting to Harp-l in north-country dialect, much to the annoyance of a Scottish fellow who put us in our place rather publicly! We both scuttled off, metaphorically, with our tail between our legs...He was a fine man, dedicated to the world of the harmonica, who carried no big ego as baggage. Our loss is the angels' gain.

Steve