[Harp-L] Re: LW in Boston

You must be older than me Paul, I'm 56, too young  to be at the Lowes concert you mention. I remember Peter Wolf and the J  Geils Band, though. They were good!

  I did see LW at the Club 47 more than once. If I remember he did a 5  day week there in 1965 when the bluegrass guy Jim Rooney managed it. I  also saw Lightnin' Hopkins there, John Hammond Jr, Mississippi John  Hurt, Junior Wells, and Sonny and Brownie many times.

  Like Brownie McGee, I had polio, since I was 2. Brownie was the first  time I saw that you could be a handicapped person and still be someone.  I saw Joni Mitchell, who also had polio, at the Club 47 when her  husband Chuck was the headliner and she was the also appearing.

  Muddy Waters played at the Paul's Mall/ Jazz Workshop on Boylston St.  but I saw so many great acts there, and at the Tea Party, I can't  recall who played harp with him at the time.