[Harp-L] RE:Little Walter in Boston

From: <peacoatguy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] LW amp & mic

I saw Little Walter lot's of times in the early & mid
60's in small clubs around Boston and Cambridge where
you  could sit 5 feet in front of him,like at the old
Club 47 on Palmer St. Seems to me he was using the
house PA and mic. I had my own band and was doing 2 or
3 gigs a week and if he had special equip I would have
noticed. Remember those suits he wore? sharkskin I
guess. The ultimate in cool hipness.

I don't recall LW being in Boston and Cambridge in
small clubs  in the 60"s. I do know he played the EM
Lowes Theatre in Boston in 1956 which I attended and
He played The Moondial which became The Boston Tea
Party in 1965. Peter Wolf and myself attended this gig
which was a total disaster. He was drunk out of his
mind and the pickup band could't play the music to
back him. I recount both of these gigs in LW's
biography. My name is Paul Shapiro and I had a band in
the 60's with Peter Wolf as front man and harp player.
The band's name was The Hallucinations and it morphed
into The Jay Geils band.

http://mail.yahoo.com