[Harp-L] LW rigs

The Sonny jr #1 with 4 x 8 speakers was designed using the basis from a
Masco MA17 PA. We designed the preamp section but took the power section  and had
the transformers reverse engineered. I had bought at least over 500  various
PA systems to see what could offer that sound, many had potential. Film
projectors, stereo consoles, anything with tubes got a shot. The little bitty
speakers could have referred to the Commando, but who knows. Even if you found
what Walter played, we wouldn't sound like him anyway. I do know for a fact that
on Rocker he used an old speaker system (Magnavox probably) with 32
speakers, each cab had 16 either 4 or 5 inch speakers. Gabriel Uri played with  Chuck
Berry a while back who was on that session and gave that account. I saw  one
of those on ebay a long time ago and should have bought it. After owning 8
Commandos I know how hard it is to get a sound that doesn't feedback with those,
very hard to control. One spot on them.