To: <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:09 PM
Subject: [HarpTalk] Valved Diatonic Bends

This question is for PT, but if anyone else wants to chime in, feel
free, that's why I'm sending it on-list.

I experimented for a time with half-valving diatonics to use pretty
much the way PT does: adding valved bends where "normal" dual-reed
bends weren't possible on a diatonic, filling in the "missing" notes.
I am certainly not as accomplished as PT, but I could never hit a "pre-
bent" note on a valved bend. In other words, starting the note with
the pitch already lowered from it's natural pitch. I've had other
valved players tell me it's possible, and it sure sounds from PT's work
like it is. So, PT, any advice on how to get there from here -- besides "practice, practice, practice"?

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/DoLolB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Go to Coast to Coast Music for Free Harmonica Tips and Great Harmonica Prices! http://www.coast2coastmusic.com
Yahoo! Groups Links