Fwd: [Harp-L] Reed plate screws / tapping reed plates

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, themojoman@xxxx wrote:

Hey there harp mod geniuses.
I want to find out how I would drill/tap an MS reedplate to accept
additional reed plate screws. Using standard drill bits (1/16, 3/64) ,
the factory brass reed plate screws do not grip...the screw or the hole
gets stripped.
Any instructions for this mechanically challenged Mojoman?
Thanks!

=========Winslow:

The American thread tap (and screw thread) that will work with MS
screws is 0-80. I don't have the drill bit size at hand, but it will be
one that is measured by a standard number and not by the actual
diameter (though you can measure the diameter with a micrometer - it's
a lot skinnier than things like 3/64)

Winslow