[Harp-L] Rob Paparozzi @ Mexicali Blues last night!

Hi, I went to the open Blues Jam at Mexicali blues in Teaneck New Jersey last night Hosted by Nikki Armstrong. She had Rob Paparozzi as a guest host and as usual he brought the house down with his awesome harp playing and singing. He is A true professional and it makes you realize that there is a long way to go before you can even think of playing at his level.Everytime I see him It gives me new Inspiration to work harder and somehow try to even come close to playing with his expertice and abilty. He walked in and plugged his shure 545 into a solid state house amp( I don't remember what kind) I think it was a Roland. and sounded awesome! There is no smoke and mirrors to what he does and he used No effects and still had monster tone!  we also talked about what harps he uses and he simply said that he uses Big rivers which he remounts onto Mark Lavoie's vermont maple wood combs. and he does not gap or tweak them in any way. When he blows out a reed he simply replaces  with a ne
w MS reed plate. It goes to show you that when you got tone you got tone and don't need special effects or fancy harps to be a Monster. Rob If your reading this keep rockin Bro! and I hope you book a gig at Mexicali blues soon for the Hudson River Rats.

Chuck

come see my web site at :
http://www.myspace.com/njbluesharp