[Harp-L] embossing

In a message dated 11/9/2005 1:46:25 A.M.  Eastern Standard Time,
ludobeckers@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

......In response  to my suggestion that the embossing tool be used to press
the reed down so that  it dips toward the rivet, for the purpose of reducing
air  leakage....

Ludo: I don't agree; it is possible, but takes a lot more  skill in
curvatures/keeping straightness in the reeds. Best is to start out  embossing two
thirds towards the rivet, and as you get better at it, experiment  your way (the
whole reedlength) on written off harps at first.

What are some methods used for getting the reed to dip as it leaves the
rivet?
I'd like to remind those looking for good info on harp mods, to  view tinnus'
website, overblow.com.
Ron