Re: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Embossing

O.k. -    Made my first attempt at embossing last night - used a penny
and rubbed it with some force, using the curved edge, up and down the
slot.  Didn't see a great deal of difference visually (I was trying it
on a sp20).  Obviously the reeds needed to be re-gapped. After
regapping, I gave it a blow, and noticed a buzz in some of the reeds.
I'm guessing I may have overdone it on the embossing. Any ideas /
suggestions?

 - Blake

>>> "Blunt White" <playharp@xxxxxxxxxxx> 11/03/05 8:40 PM >>>
I have recently used the tip of needle nose pliers. They are easy to
grasp
and the outside of the tip has a nice round shape and is very hard.  It
also
permits working each side independently of the other.  I smoothed the
plier
tip with crocus cloth.  I have also found that one or two light passes
on
the edge of the reed slot before starting with 320 on a sanding stick
removes the burrs that often drag and catch during the embossing
process.

Tim what size socket head do you use?

Blunt White
Banker by day, bluesman by night