[Harp-L] Embossing question

In a message dated 11/2/2005 2:22:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
My question is:  Do you emboss BOTH  sides of the reed plate?  Do you emboss
the side of the reed plate where  the reed is rivited?  Do you emboss the END
of the reed slot?  I've  ruined several NEW golden melodies, so I need help!!!!

Reed side.  I  saw the blurry pic with the penny.  That's not how it's done.
  You might want to get Rupert Oysler's CD ROM, called Harp Repair and
Modification.  Great stuff, covers it all.   It  also has Rupert's great playing
thruout.  About 65 dollars,  US.      http://www.harprepair.com/
ron