[Harp-L] Embossing question

ok, I've read the entire thread, as well as everything I could find on the web about embossing.  My question is:  Do you emboss BOTH sides of the reed plate?  Do you emboss the side of the reed plate where the reed is rivited?  Do you emboss the END of the reed slot?  I've ruined several NEW golden melodies, so I need help!!!!

Also, how much arc do you put in the reed?  I'm sure I've put too much arc in some reeds.

The post about using a razor blade made no sense to me at all, I read it several times.

Thanks!