[Harp-L] 1 OB

>Anyone have hints about
>sustaining 1 hole OB?

Try tensing your diaphragm. Yawn, and note what happens to your diaphragm. Try holding the tension it without the yawn. When your diaphragm gets strong, it might then be possible to sustain the 1 OB. There are a number of good diaphragm exercises. I know Richard Hunter posted some years ago. Train rhythms can work for this. (If your diaphragm is already strong, you're good to go.)

I agree with Chris that it's important to create a large resonant cavity. You can sometimes squeak out the one OB, but you've got to get it in a more full-throated way if you want to sustain it. You need to hit and then hold a precise *low* resonant point. Precision comes with practice, but if you do not support the note with your diaphragm, the effort to sustain it will be fruitless, and frustrating.

George