RE: [Harp-L] 1 OB

Pretend that you have a grapefruit in your mouth and then try to hit
that note.

I really only use that note as a passing tone. The only song I can
think of where it's useful is when I play Body and Soul on a Bb harp.
I usually play that tune on an A harp but will try other things like
a G, Ab or Bb.  I can't remember having to sustain that note for any
other reason. I'm not trying to discourage you from the exercise but
perhaps you time would be better spent on a note that many OB'er find
weak and trivial.

But if you're going to practice then some markers to try...

hit it in tune, it's almost always flat
try to bend it up at least a half step
hit it with Vibrato
hit without activating any other note before.

Good Luck.